ESHA Ingredient Database for Genesis R&D Supplements
Thank you for requesting the Genesis R&D Supplements Ingredient Database file.
Please review the suggestions for mapping fields in the Import Wizard and additional instructions below before importing the database files(s). In addition, we suggest opening and reviewing the database files before importing the ingredients into your database.
Importing the Database Files
The Master Database file contains 1,359 ingredients with up to 29 nutrients per ingredient, note that no allergen information has been added to any of the database items. For your convenience, we have broken up the Master Database file into 6 separate import files by the ingredient category.
NOTE: You will need Genesis R&D Supplements version 1.6.x or later in order to import these files.
Fish Oils Database
Herbs & Spices Database
Nut & Plant Oils Database
Nutritional Additives Database
USDA Fruits Database
USDA Vegetables Database
Master Database (includes all items above)*
*The Master Database file takes about 30 minutes to import
File Mapping Suggestions
All ingredient information and nutrient data fields will automatically map appropriately except the Moisture (in grams) and Groups fields, which you will have to map manually.
MAPPING MOISTURE (in grams)
The Moisture field can either be mapped as a “New Nutrient field” (in grams), mapped to the existing “Water” field, or not mapped at all (“Ignore”).
- New Nutrient (recommended ): If you map moisture as a new nutrient, map it as inactive and map the unit as grams.
- Existing Water (use only if your end products have zero moisture): If moisture is mapped to the existing Water field, the program will automatically map it as inactive with grams as the mapped unit. Within the program, water is removed from the ingredient weight on the formula screen. Again, this is useful only if you are working with hard tablets or other products where there is zero moisture in the end product.
- Not mapped: If you do not wish to map the moisture field it can be skipped in the import process. Choose Ignore as the Mapped Field.
Within Genesis R&D Supplements, Groups are seen on the Open screen and can be used to filter the Open screen view. Ingredients in the ESHA Ingredient Database can be mapped into new, separate groups.
- If you wish to use groups to filter the Open screen view, map each group field (ESHA Ingredients, Fish Oils, Herbs and Spices, Nut and Plant Oils, Nutritional Additives, USDA Fruits and USDA Vegetables) from the database file as a New Group. We recommend mapping “ESHA Ingredients” at minimum.
- If you do not wish to use these groups within the program you can skip these fields in the mapping process (“Ignore”).
- After import, you can choose to hide the ESHA Database items by going to Options>Search Options.