The four age/reference groups are:
- Infant (0-12 months)
- Less than 4 (Children 1-3)
- Adult and Children over 4
- Pregnant and Lactating
When your supplement product is intended for more than one age group, the percent Daily Value for each group should be presented in separate columns. For example, a multi-vitamin for children over the age of one would need to list two separate % DV columns, one column for Children 1-3 and another column for Adults and Children 4 and over. The Serving Size (1 tablet) and “Amount Per Serving” for each nutrient would remain the same, but the %DV would differ by age group.
In this scenario, the Supplement Facts label would look something like this:
This blog will go over how to display two %DV columns in Genesis R&D Supplements.
How to Display Recommendations for Different Age Groups
- With your formula onscreen, click the Label tab. Your Label view will open:
- On the left of the screen, expand the Header menu by clicking the arrow button.
- Under Percent Daily Value Columns, choose the + (add) Profile button. A new column will appear.
- Expand the menu and select Children <4. The program will automatically calculate the % DV for the new profile based on current regulations.
- When displaying two %DV columns you must display the full header to avoid confusion. For the Adult column, select % Daily Values for Adults or Children 4 or more Years of Age. For the Children < 4 column header text, select % Daily Value for Children 1 to 3 Years of Age.
- At this point, you will probably have to adjust your label’s spacing. Use the adjustment bars to do so.
- Click Save when you’re finished.
Watch the Tutorial: