Often times our customers ask us how they can review and compare recipes side-by-side. One of the easily overlooked but often helpful features in Genesis R&D and Food Processor is the Tile Vertical option under the View tab. This lets you view recipes, ingredients, Nutrition Facts Labels, and other documents side-by-side.
Some of the more common uses are for:
- Comparing recipes
- Watching how recipe changes affect the label (Genesis R&D)
- Watching how daily intake changes affect the Spreadsheet report (Food Processor)
How to view two documents side-by-side
- First, make sure you’re using the correct workspace view. Go to Preferences > General > Workspace view and select Multi-document.
- Open two recipes. Your initial window will look like this, with only one recipe shown at a time and accessed by its tab:
- Now go to View and select Tile Vertically.
Your screen will look like this, with the open recipes displayed side-by-side:
- From here you can compare the two recipes.
- You can do the same thing with a recipe and its label. Again, with the recipe and label view open, select Tile Vertically. You will see this:
- From here, you can watch how the label updates when you make changes to the recipe.
For more helpful tips on comparing data register for our upcoming webinar: Ingredient Data Deep Dive. During this webinar, we will discuss various methods for reviewing the nutrient data that makes up your ingredients.