Genesis R&D Foods assists users comply with the 2020 Mexico food labeling regulations. The Mexico Label module for Genesis R&D offers several Nutrition Facts label formats, this blog will outline the steps for creating a Standard Mexico Nutrition Facts Label from a Recipe. (Note: Genesis R&D Foods can also assist users with Creating Mexico Front-of-Package Warning Seals and Statements!)
Step 1: Create a Recipe
- Create a new Recipe by clicking the New icon and selecting Recipe.
- Name your Recipe and populate the Recipe details (such as serving size, reference amounts, etc.)
- Search for and enter all the ingredients in your Recipe. You will do this by typing in ingredient search terms (full or partial words) and selecting matches from the list returned.
Step 2: View Label
- Once you have created and saved your Recipe, click the Edit Label icon from the toolbar.
- From the General tab, select Mexico for Country/Authority and Nutrition Facts (2020) for Regulation.
- Click OK.
- To view your label, click the View Label icon from the toolbar. Your label should look something like this:
Step 3: Customize Your Label
From this point, there are several label modifications that you can make within the accepted guidelines. For example, you can create a bilingual label.
- Click the Edit Label icon from the toolbar.
- Choose Format Options and select Show Bilingual.
- The resulting label will appear as such:
Genesis R&D Foods has additional label format settings such as adding nutrients, adding household serving sizes, creating an ingredient statement, and more.
This tutorial will walk you through the steps for creating a basic nutrition facts label that conforms to the 2020 Norma Oficial Mexicana (NOM) regulations, including making a bilingual label and adding voluntary nutrients: